9.09.2012

New polls and thinking about next year

Hey ladies!

There are several new polls for you all to vote on on the sidebar for the past books we have read since March.  I apologize for not getting them up sooner!  Hopefully you can still remember what you thought of these books!  The polls will close on September 20th, so make sure to vote before then.

I like to check once in a while about publishing permissions and access to the blog. Recently, blogger has updated their format and is now letting more people per blog be allowed to author posts.  So, if any of you don't have access to write posts and would like to be able to, let me know in the comment section and I will add you to the list.  You should get an email once you are added, inviting you to become an author on the blog.

As for next year, an idea was brought up about how we want to choose our books for the year.  A suggestion for next year was that we all bring a few books to our last book club of this year, (probably in November or early December) that we want the book club to read.  They don't have to be the physical book if you don't have it, you could print out a picture of the book and bring that. But it needs to be some physical representation of a few choices that you want to read.  Then, everyone gets a certain number of tickets (probably ten?) to vote on which books they want to read.  You can put as many of your tickets on whichever books you want to read, and you can vote for your own book/s that you brought. Then after all the books have been voted on, we figure out the eleven with the most votes and then work out the details of who is hosting which month.  

Talking with a few other people at book club last month, it sounded like several people thought this was a good idea.  This way, we will have all of our books chosen for the whole year, which will allow people who like to read ahead to do so. Hopefully it will also help us be able to get more books in time for people to read them.  I think we should try it this year and see how it works. But what do you all think??

If we do decide to vote on the books for this year, that means we will all have to have our book choices ready by the last book club of the year, so I wanted to give you all ample notice so you can start thinking about what books you want to bring to "election day" (Haha!)

Let me know what you guys think!  And thanks to Jackie for this idea.

3 comments:

  1. I think the voting idea sounds fun and is worth a try. Plus, then if we really don't like a book, it's everyone's fault. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that I already have January 2013! And I really don't think it's going to end up being that Hedgehog book, FYI. I started reading it, and I'm determined to finish, but I'm not that excited about it.

    I kind of like the way we do it now, but I won't be a party pooper! I'm always a little resistant to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think voting is a great way to relieve some of the pressure of book choosing. I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly feel a lot of pressure (especially this month, if you couldn't tell). I think that way whether the book is a favorite or a flop, we all take a little bit of the credit/blame. Maybe that could help us to feel a little bit more comfortable branching out too.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, don't be shy!