3.02.2013

March is here!


Hey, everyone.  Melissa is hosting our next meeting on Tuesday, March 26th, at 7:00 pm.  The book is Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson.  The Arapahoe Library has several copies.  There are 3 large print copies available now.  Get your requests in!  I requested a kit, but I probably won't get it in time.  The library also has the audio download and ebook.  It was originally my pick, so I hope you don't hate it!!  Even though we all voted, I still feel that pressure!  My other pick was Portrait of a Lady.  I'm reading it now, and I'm pretty sure you guys would have kicked me out of book club if you were trying to get through it right now.  I have it on my Kindle, and I just read a few pages a day.  It's not terrible, but it's really long and wordy, and not what I expected.  So just keep that in mind if Major Pettigrew isn't your favoritest book ever. But it's a NY Times bestseller, and I think it's being made into a movie, so maybe you'll love it!

See you on the 26th!

2 comments:

  1. Check the blog for info on March's meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies--just FYI, April's meeting will be Tuesday the 30th at my house.
    Thanks!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, don't be shy!