1.02.2013

In case you missed it...

...here's the plan for the year!  If you weren't there, you may be surprised to see your name on the chart.  Of course we can make changes if something doesn't work for you!

Since everyone's a winner, and we were tempted to have two meetings per month to cover all the great recommendations, here's a complete list of the books that were pitched at the December meeting, with an * next to the book club selections.  Now you have your reading list for 2013! Happy New Year!

*And Only to Deceive, by Tasha Alexander
*Austenland, by Shannon Hale
Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom
The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Hannah Coulter, by Wendell Berry
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford
*The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot
*The Invisible Wall, by Henry Bernstein
*Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
*The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan
Left to Tell, by Immaculée Ilibagiza
*The Long Walk, by Slavomir Rawicz
*Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
Matched, by Ally Condie
*Nation, by Terry Pratchett
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, by Aimee Bender
The Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James
*The Red House Mystery, by A. A. Milne
Seven Miracles that Saved America, by Chris and Ted Stewart
*Silas Marner, by George Eliot
*Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

**Also, the date of the next meeting is Tuesday, January 29th, 7:00 at my house.  I'll send out an e-mail later with my address.**

5 comments:

  1. So many of these books look awesome! I may need to buckle down and do Skype one of these times because I would love to just listen in. I miss you guys :( One book we have on our queue here is Rent Collector by Camron Wright. I don't remember if you guys read Unbroken all together, but it is being made into a movie. I'm wondering if it will be too intense for me to watch though. I'm glad you are keeping this going! Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, you should time your next visit to Colorado with a book club meeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, you should time your next visit to Colorado with a book club meeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be good planning of me :). Also, we read The Selection and I would recommend it as a fun, light read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone have a copy of this months book that I could borrow? This is Mindy.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, don't be shy!