For those who don't know yet, the book for this month is Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick. It is a young adult novel and a very easy read! There isn't a book kit for it through the library, so get on a waiting list now if you haven't already! If we get a few copies floating around, everybody should be able to get their hands on a copy because it is such a quick read. I did pick up a copy at the library today, so let me know if you want it!
Since the book is such an easy read, I am recommending a little "extra" reading if you're interested. The author of Wonderstruck gives a nod to the book From the Mixed-up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. It was published in the 1960's and is also a fun little read if you've never read it. Brian Selznick has hidden some tributes to Konigsburg in the book, so read it too if you are feeling ambitious!
Book club will be the last week of the month, as soon as I get my schedule figured out. I hope to see you all there!
Angie
Sounds great! I've got them both on hold at the library, and I'll share when I'm done. I think it's a great idea to have an optional "companion" book to go along with it!
ReplyDeleteI've finished reading both books. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get them to you.
ReplyDeleteHeather
Heather, I'd like them please! --Olivia
ReplyDelete