10.02.2012
October Book Club
Erica would like to let everyone know that the book for October is the self-help book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie. I'm excited to read it because it's so iconic! To give everyone enough time to get a copy and read it, we should probably have book club towards the end of October. Does anyone object to Tuesday, October 30th? I know it's the week of fall break for some of our kids. Is anyone going out of town? We could also do it the week before, on the 23rd, 24th, or 25th. I don't know what day HH ward has activities and Relief Society meetings, so comment if you have a preference. (And after reading the book, don't use your new skills to become a serial killer! If you read Devil in the White City, you know what I'm talking about.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will be out of town on the 30th :( I would love it if we could move it up, or even do it the first week in November since the last week of November is thanksgiving and we typically have November book club the first week in December anyway... Just an idea. But if not, it's okay. I can't expect to make it to every meeting. I think this will be an interesting discussion, by the way! Good choice, Erica :)
ReplyDeleteI'm good with Monday Nov. 6th, Oct 30th or Oct 23rd.
ReplyDeleteErica, have you decided on a date? Since no one else has said anything, maybe you should go with either the 23rd or the 6th.
ReplyDeleteAlright folks - I'm going with the 6th of November. Becky or Olivia, would one of you please post that on the blog for all to see (those who don't check the comments). Thanks!
ReplyDelete