8.08.2012

August Book Club

Hey all! I am posting for Jackie, who is out of town. She is hosting book club this month, and she is going to have it on TUESDAY AUGUST 28th, so get your books reserved and put the date on your calendar! We will be reading a classic, Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird. She knows you have probably all read this before, but I'm sure many of us (me included!) may not have read it since high school, so hopefully you'll feel like giving it another read. See you all there!

4 comments:

  1. I just requested a book club kit from the Arapahoe Library. I'll let everyone know when/if it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also requested a kit Becky, on the same day as you. There is only one kit in the whole library district though, and someone has it checked out now (it's actually overdue) and there are two other people on the wait list ahead of me. I think you get to check out the kits for six weeks, so I am not holding my breath that the kit will arrive any time soon. However, I also did a prospector request for a single copy of the book, and it already came in, so if people need a copy of the book that might be a good route to go. If people don't know how to do a prospector request, it's super easy, and you can request the book from another library district that currently has is on the shelf and have it delivered to your library. Give me a shout if anyone has questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My single copy came really fast, too. Hopefully I can read it fairly quickly and pass it on. But yeah, definitely request your own copies from the library, if possible. I think I was in 9th grade when I read it. I don't even think that counts! I'm excited to read it for real, as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was getting a single copy, and I went to pick it up at the library today and I got three copies, so if anybody needs one, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, don't be shy!