The book I have chosen for November book club is called "A Christmas Memory" by Truman Capote.
It is three short stories he wrote about his childhood compiled into one book. It is very short - 100 pages - and a quick read. It is simple like a children's book, but I really love his insight and his writing style. It is something that can be read in one night, so hopefully you can all find time to read it this short, holiday month.
There are 8 copies that I already handed out and are floating around. I already checked out the two from the Arapahoe Library District. Hopefully, as people finish, they will email or post on the blog that they have an available copy.
The book club will be at my house on Wednesday, November 30th at 7:00pm. Hope you can make it!
Mindy
Also, would you guys be interested in having a kind of Christmas book exchange at my book club? It would be a "Used Book Exchange" so it could be a book you own and have already read that you want to pass on, or your favorite book that you find at a thrift store. I just don't want it to cost anyone anything, but I think it would be fun to exchange books we love. Let me know what you think.

I like the used book exchange idea, especially the part about it being a favorite book. Last year I took Alice in Wonderland, which I don't even like! And I ended up with some Mormon Midwife novel, so I guess I got what I deserved!
ReplyDeleteI'm up for a book exchange! :)
ReplyDelete