Angie has the book choice for March, which is "The True Story of Hansel and Gretel"
Leave a comment here and let me know what day you are thinking about having the meeting for March.
How did the meeting for the hunger games books go? Sorry I wasn't there, I was really bummed I missed out. I hope everyone is doing well and...
Happy Reading!
Angie changed it to, "The Killer Angels", by Michael Shaara. And I think we chose Thursday, March 24th for the date. - Melissa
ReplyDeleteWe missed you! It was a lot of fun and good discussion. And yummy food, of course! We also talked about the blog. We talked about the possibility of all of us being blog authors so we can do our own posts when we've chosen our books, dates, etc. I also think it would be fun to post about other books we're reading throughout the month so we can do little book reviews and recommendations for each other. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about it myself since Wed night and what I've come up with is...I miss Katrina. She was the leader. The one guiding the direction of the club. And I think a club needs a leader. I think at our next meeting we should "vote" for a new leader. (that sounds funny - like we're this high society or secret group and need to conduct democratic policies and have smooth succession of leaders - but I'm serious, I feel like it might not last long if we don't have someone keeping it going. There needs to be someone to spearhead stuff. We should totally vote!) :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, Becky, as far as the blog becoming a book review place - I think everyone should join Goodreads and share their reviews there! :-)
-Melissa
Thanks Melissa! You're exactly right, "The Killer Angels" on March 24th. Everybody let me know if you have trouble finding the book, but I don't think it should be too hard. It was published in 1975 so the used bookstore might be a good bet!
ReplyDeleteI second the Goodreads suggestion. And I didn't view myself as a leader as much as someone who posted reminders and updates :)
ReplyDeleteI think switching over from a blog to a goodreads book group would be a really good idea. you can do everything on goodreads that you can on a blog, but you can also write longer reviews, suggest like-books and like-authors, and just a lot more things. And if we want to vote on a leader, that's fine too. We can definitely discuss it all at the next club, or if you don't want to wait, I can put up a poll on this blog and we can vote that way, but we'd first have to come up with a few candidates...people who are willing to be the leader. If you want to do it here on the blog, or in person, if we are all in agreement to voting for a leader, either way, let me know here. :)
ReplyDeleteThe goodreads book group sounds like a great idea, but can we keep the blog going, too? I love the blog because I feel like it's so accessible, and it pops up on my Reader whenever there's something new. For me, goodreads has always felt less accessible and kind of hard to navigate, and I feel like I have to peel through a lot of layers to get to what I want. So I'm totally willing to give it another try and update it more, but I need the blog, too! I would be happy to help keep the blog updated.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time I've ever been in a book club, and I love it. I could go either way on whether or not to have an official leader, but if we do have one, let's make sure it's someone who's been in it for a long time and who is really committed to keeping it going. How about Melissa, since it was her idea? :)
I agree that keeping the blog is a good idea. I have it on my Reader, too, and that's the only way I ever know anything that is going on with book club, especially since I'm not on Facebook. I could try to get more into Goodreads, but the blog is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteCan I borrow this book from anybody? (The killer Angels) I am having a tough time finding it at my library. Thanks if you can help!--Olivia
ReplyDelete